Monday 12 October 2015

Inquiry Project Ideas

For my inquiry project for this class, there are two main topics that I want to look at, but of course I will have to pick one to analyze.

One particular topic of interest is the idea of a flipped classroom, and the theme of online learning. I am very interested in looking from the perspective of a flipped classroom because I have designed eLearning materials, in collaboration with professors and using software to facilitate in the learning of college students. I wonder how well high school or middle school students take in concepts from the online platform. However, the concept of a flipped classroom is different than having an instructor teach through an online platform in that students are expected to learn the materials and teach themselves online first, then coming to class, knowing the materials, and apply the knowledge in the real world. So I want to examine how effective this flipped classroom and online learning is for younger students.

Another topic of interest that I may examine is poetry and mathematics. Because I have taken tons of English courses that examine poetry - particularly forms, counting metrics, finding rhythms in stanzas, etc. - these patterns in the body of the poetry amazingly tie with mathematics. Poetry has its beautiful poetic forms and so does mathematics. Poetry is an art, and we were discussing how mathematics can be used to create meaningful art, such as poetry itself. I would like to examine this topic further.


No comments:

Post a Comment